Tips for protecting Your Personal Computer
Computer has become an important tool in our life. Our life can not run smoothly without computer. Computer help students in their study. These are the following tip for protecting your personal computer:-
- Use the latest version of a good anti-virus software package which allows updation from the Internet.
- Use the latest version of the operating system, web browsers and e-mail programs.
- Don’t open e-mail attachments unless you know the source. Attachments, especially executables (those having .exe extension) can be dangerous.
- Confirm the site you are doing business with. Secure yourself against "Web-Spoofing". Do not go to websites from email links.
- Create passwords containing atleast 8 digits. They should not be dictionary words. They should combine upper and lower case characters.
- Use different passwords for different websites.
- Send credit card information only to secure sites.
- Use a security program that gives you control over "Cookies" that send information back to websites. Letting all cookies in without monitoring them could be risky.
Courtesy:- Legal Point Foundation