the intentional commission of an act usually deemed socially harmful or dangerous and specifically defined, prohibited, and under .The main characteristics of a crime are as follows:--
1) External consequences - Crime always has a-harmful impact on society, may it be social, personal, emotional or mental.
2) Act (Actus) - There should be an act or omission to constitute a crime. Intention or mens rea alone shall not constitute a crime unless it is followed by some external act.
3) Mens rea or guilty mind - It is one of the essential ingredients of a crime. It may, however, be director implied.
4) Prohibited act - The act should be prohibited or forbidden under the existing law.
5) Punishment - The act should not only be prohibited by the law but should also be punishable by the State.
Courtesy:- Legal Point Foundation